Ministry Mission / Purpose
As God’s servants, the Stewardship Committee’s vocation is to help the people, ministries and organizations of St. Patrick’s Parish discover, develop and sustain the gift of Christian Stewardship as the way of life.
The Stewardship Committee’s primary role is to promote Catholic Stewardship in our parish. We will promote Stewardship: first, through example as servants to our parish, second, by speaking to and helping parishioners discover the gift of Stewardship and third, by helping parishioners discern their gifts and callings.
- The Stewardship Committee’s secondary role is to assist and serve the pastor, ministries and organizations to build strong administrations in their efforts to meet the pastoral and temporal needs of St Patrick’s Parish. Using our spiritual and organizational skills (gifts), the Stewardship Committee will provide organizational (governance) advice as well as administrative assistance (facilitation, documentation, planning, etc.), as requested by the pastor, ministries, and organizations of the Parish.
- The Committee will strive to become a knowledgeable resource for the Parish on the subject of Catholic Stewardship. We recognize the need for continuous faith development and discovery of what Catholic Stewardship means.
- We understand that stewardship is a gift from God, a way of life and that Catholic Stewardship must be an integral part of the Parish as a whole, and in each ministry, organization and parishioner. We recognize that each parishioner, ministry and parish organization must define Stewardship for themselves.
- As Stewardship Committee members, we are called to reflect prayerfully, act constructively and be respectful towards others as we jointly strive to the fulfilment of our ministry’s objectives. In our association with other parish ministries and organization, we will encourage spirituality, fellowship and happiness. We do this through our faith, prayer, positive reinforcement, and optimism.
- The teachings of the Catholic Church shall be our primary rule of order and our Parish Pastor shall be responsible for overall governance of the Stewardship Committee.
SAINT PATRICK’S PARISH MISSION
Presenter – Father Micheal Sweeney, OP, Co-Director, Catherine of Siena Institute
Date: October 22, 2018 - October 24, 2018
THE PATH TO INTENTIONAL DISCIPLESHIP
More Information about St.Patrick Calgary Stewardship Committee;